Blog Response to Jon Sheltmire:
I have enjoyed looking at the different progressive stages of your design. I think the sepia tone photos contrast nicely against the neutral metal hues within your background. The concept is great, too. I think the comparison of a tree to the branching that occurs within cogs and gears is clever. I am curious about some of the faces. My inquiring mind wants to know specifics about some of the folks that you have included in your artwork.
Also, I have never worked with paint.net and would love to try it out sometime. I have worked with Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, SumoPaint, GIMP, etc. and enjoyed getting creative. The fact that paint.net is free means that it could open doors for many students who cannot afford expensive software. What are some of the steps that you followed as you uploaded and developed your work within this program?
Blog Response to Anna Horine:
You mention that a teacher needs “the ability to make learning relevant and authentic” and I couldn’t agree more. I know that many educators simply cut and paste lesson plans off of the internet that another teacher has created. It is common to see “cookie cutter” art projects on Pinterest and educational websites as it is now the trend in technology. And while many of these projects on display showcase great art making outcomes, many of them seem to lack in purpose or content. It’s important to focus on the process and not just the product. I find that many art teachers miss out on the opportunity of making real world connections with their students because they aren’t reflecting on their own individual practice. I’m so happy to see that your aim is to develop “meaning making” in the classroom.
Reflecting on reflections:
-Sheltmire’s response impacted my own ideas because I
appreciated the symbolic approach to his work. He was able to think about his
lineage using metaphors to enrich the meaning. I enjoyed his thorough
descriptions as he explained how his design was progressively developed. I found it intriguing that he took risks in
constructing his work in a very experimental way.
-Horine’s response made an impression on me because she was
thoughtful in reflecting on the additional traits that a teacher should have.
Anna thought carefully about her own practices and seemed deeply connected to
the reasoning for her self-evaluation. She is confident in her teaching and yet
understands the vital importance of consistently improving and expanding
professional growth.
No comments:
Post a Comment