Hello, everybody! My name is Annette Saldaña and I am an art educator. I am in my sixth year of teaching high school art. Courses that I teach include: Art I, II, III, IV, and College Board AP Studio Art. I studied Interior Design as well as Art Education (emphasis in clay and drawing) while I was an undergraduate student. I also have a Master's Degree in Art Education from the University of Florida. I consider myself to be both a teacher and artist as I create art on a regular basis. I work with all types of media. However, I am most attached to two dimensional work and love to produce sketches, paintings, and prints. I live in Cookeville, Tennessee and reside near the college campus of Tennessee Technological University. I have a husband who is a music teacher and together we share a passion for the arts and education.
My personal interests are currently directed towards Gifted Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Cultural Studies, Identity in Art, and Environmental Strategies. I continue to explore different curriculum designs, teaching methodology, and artistic media/techniques. As an art advocate, I am a member of numerous organizations and professional associations. I attend regular Art Education conferences/workshops as I feel it is important to consistently develop as an artist and teacher.
When I'm not teaching art, I am usually doing one of the following things: creating personalized art works, cooking, hiking, kayaking, gardening, singing/dancing, attending art conferences, or decorating the home. I am excited to be in the PhD Art Education program at the University of Missouri and am excited to get started. I look forward to this class and our future discussions!

No comments:
Post a Comment