Pre-thinking/proposal:
Central question-
How has reflective practice helped me create a more nurturing art
classroom?
Prospected format-
I will more than likely use Prezi.com to create a presentation-based Summative.
I want to have lots of visuals to accompany my informative text. Of course, I
think Prezi will allow me to have a more fun, dynamic, and active way of
displaying my thoughts through the use of a zooming canvas. The goal would be to
explore the central question by highlighting the different ways I have utilized
contemplation techniques to my advantage throughout the semester. I plan to
highlight quotes, guiding questions, and gallery pictures that encapsulate how
reflection has guided me to create a more nurturing art classroom.
Final reflection on lineage
tree/alterations on lineage tree:
I realized that while I created this lineage tree, I was thinking about
actual objects that could be symbolic of experiences I had as a student in the
classroom. I remember being very fond of my 1st grade teacher who was
fun, creative, and supportive. She always incorporated rainy day crafts that
would lead to us into making homemade books, and clay vessels. In fourth grade,
I had an awesome teacher who integrated multi-disciplinary activities into the
classroom. We once spent a whole week doing authentic basket weaving and I
discovered I really liked learning about cultural traditions. During this same year
in school, I had a social studies teacher that made an impact on me as she
taught about the importance of social justice. It was in her room that I felt
free to expand my writing/reading skills, while forming standpoints based on my
feelings. In high school, I became even more open-minded as I was engaging in
more outgoing activities in drama, art, choir, and foreign language. And I
loved my Spanish teacher who always urged me to try new things such as ethnic
foods (hence the nopalitos featured in my drawing) or exciting board games.
One of the most recent things that I added into the picture are the colors on the woven textile. I chose to include the school colors of the three colleges that I have attended while in Bachelor, Master, and PhD programs. All three have shaped me in great, immeasurable ways. The purple and yellow/gold symbolizes TTU, the orange and blue stands for UF, and the black and gold represents MU. Also, because I’m starting to realize how much interactive, social, game-like activities have resonated with me in the past, I added the imagery of bingo chips that were used in my previous Spanish class to gain knowledge of language. I included the theater mask, too, as this ties together the same concept of developing social interaction to reinforce learning. I added blue and red lines to a few beloved quotes by authors that made an impact in my life during high school (Shakespeare, Anne Frank, and Edgar Allen Poe) as I thought this drove home the idea of meaningful note taking on classroom paper. Lastly, I added a body of water down at the bottom of my composition to drown out the negativity that caused me to reflect poorly on certain past, educational experiences.
One of the most recent things that I added into the picture are the colors on the woven textile. I chose to include the school colors of the three colleges that I have attended while in Bachelor, Master, and PhD programs. All three have shaped me in great, immeasurable ways. The purple and yellow/gold symbolizes TTU, the orange and blue stands for UF, and the black and gold represents MU. Also, because I’m starting to realize how much interactive, social, game-like activities have resonated with me in the past, I added the imagery of bingo chips that were used in my previous Spanish class to gain knowledge of language. I included the theater mask, too, as this ties together the same concept of developing social interaction to reinforce learning. I added blue and red lines to a few beloved quotes by authors that made an impact in my life during high school (Shakespeare, Anne Frank, and Edgar Allen Poe) as I thought this drove home the idea of meaningful note taking on classroom paper. Lastly, I added a body of water down at the bottom of my composition to drown out the negativity that caused me to reflect poorly on certain past, educational experiences.

Annette,
ReplyDeleteIt is so great to have the opportunity to hear how experienced teachers work in their classrooms on a deep level like this. I can't wait to look through your prezi and learn from our reflections. I learn so much from others experiences and it gives me more confidence in my ability to teach knowing that we are all still learning. Can't wait to see it.
*learn from YOUR reflections
DeleteI love the symbolism you work through Annette, all the pieces work together beautifully and I also appreciate the positive spin on things :) Some lovely growth. :)
ReplyDeleteYour question and format for your summative reflection sound great! I look forward to seeing!